Serge : We are a quartet of "classic" rock and we live in Nice, at the french Riviera. The Warmbabies, in the present form, exists for about 5 years. With Marc Galliani on guitar and lead vocals, Olivier "Bratch" Nemejanski on guitar, Serge Ceccanti on bass and Daniel Aprosio on drums. As far as our various individual backgrounds, we would only mention one : The Bratchmen.
2) About the full length record "Let's Live Underground", can you explain the choice of this title? What can you tell about the recording process? Was this a "live" in the studio recording or a track by track recording with lots of overdubs?
Marc : "Let’s live underground" is one of the first song from "Bratch", that we rearranged for my voice. A starting point. Rehearsals and concerts were so far apart that we couldn't show ourselves as a band. We were an Underground band, by force of circumstance.
Serge : The title of the album was suggested by the graphic designer. A good idea that was unanimously accepted! The recording of the album was disturbed by the first pandemic but in the end, it gave us a lot of time to refine some titles. Bass, Drums and Rhythm guitars were recorded live, all the rest was a re-recording.
3) Do you use the nowadays digital recording technology or do you guys only work with analog machines in analog studios?
|Photo : Sandra Rinaudo|
4) Is there a main composer in the band or is everybody involved in one way or another?
Marc : Everybody is involved. This album would not have been possible without one of us. The material on this record is made out of old songs from "Bratch" and Marc. The next record will contain more of Serge songs.
5) What is your favorite topic/topic that comes easily when you write the lyrics to a new song?
Marc : The pop format we like for this project fits better with stupid love songs. Someone said , The more stupid they are the truer they are…
Serge : Love, birds and the sun ! But the next songs will be darker : Lost love, frozen birds and rain !
|Photo : Richard Prompt|
Marc : Can I name 4 ? John, George, Paul and Ringo
Serge : We are clearly influenced by the rock 60's. But not only... I will quote three groups : Plimsouls, Fleshtones and Teenage Fanclub, But there are many others.
Marc : We have no money left for video, so we are pirating images for our songs. We are going to do something …Serge : No money, no time, finally is it really useful ?
8) What can concert goers expect at a gig of The WARMBABIES? Are you playing any famous cover songs during the gig?
Marc : We used to play Kinks, Big star, Plimsouls, but mainly our songs.
Serge : We like to integrate a few covers in our concerts, just for pleasure.
|Photo : Sandra Rinaudo|
9) Are there any bands in France you consider yourself close to? musically speaking?
Marc : Doc Vinegar from Aubagne
Serge : There may be but we do not know...10) How would You describe the music you're playing? Is this POWERPOP or do you consider there is way more than that?
Serge : Our music is impregnated with the music we love. A mix of power pop / 60's rock / garage rock, no doubt.
Marc : We are doing our stuff with our influences, we would be happy to be classified in power pop but that was not planned at all.
11) What are the plans for 2022 as far as The WARMBABIES are concerned?
Marc : We would like to play festivals or nice venues, specially abroad, Belgium, Spain, North of France. With the covid situation we just don’t think about it. But we are affordable for private request as well.
Serge : We work hard on new songs. Our goal is to compose the ultimate pop song ! Recording in autumn, hope.
12) Anything you wanna add?
Serge : Recording an album for a band like us is always a "small adventure" hazardous, with lots of problems to solve. We have completed this mission and we are very proud of the result !
PURCHASE THE GOODIES HERE : www.thewarmbabies.bandcamp.com/