1) For the viewers of this blog who would not know you, What would you tell about Randells to introduce yourselves? How long are you guys together as a band? Who is playing what instrument in the band nowadays?
Obba (Vocal, guitar) and Daniel (bass) started the band in 2014. Raz (drums) joined the band in 2020. A lot of the songs on the first album ”At the beach” go all the way back to mid 90’s.
2) About the latest released full length record "Kicks", what can you tell about the recording process? Was this a "live" in the studio recording or a track by track recording with lots of overdubs?
The album was recorded in 2 different studios. The drums where recorded in NLP Studio and the rest in TWIC Studios.
3) Do you use the nowadays recording technology or do you guys only work with analog machines in analog studios?
We use modern stuff when We record.
4) Is there a main composer in the band or is everybody involved in one way or another?
Obba has been the main composer but everyone is involved building the songs. Daniel is a graphic designer so he handels all the Photos, videos and stuff like that. A very good combination to have in a band 🙂
5) What is your favorite topic/topic that comes easily when you write a new song?
Love is always a low hanging fruit. I think We managed to mix the topics in a good way on the new album.
6) To what kind of music did you listen to as teenagers and does it still influence your today work? What were your favorite bands as a teenager? Name 3 bands that you consider still have a influence on your own work today.
We all listen to a lot of different artists, genres and bands, not only punk rock. We all love punk rock in the band but very often We don’t like the same bands or songs. We all have different influences, from Belle and Sebastian to Youth of today.
7) Do you have a new video on youtube featuring a track from the full length??
We have a couple of videos on Youtube. Daniel has made them all. You can find them under the user name Randells the band on YT.
8) What can concert goers expect at a Randells gig? Are you playing any famous cover songs during the gig?
We actually haven’t done alot of gigs since We started the band in 2014. You can expect it to be around 30 min long. No talking, just music 😉
9) Are there any bands in the Sweden today you consider yourself close to, musically speaking?
No not really.
10) What are the plans for the rest of 2021 as far as Randells is concerned?
Promote the new album and hopefully get some gigs. We are working on new songs and the plan is to release another album in 2022.
11) Anything you wanna add?
Thank you for the interview, cheers!