Search This Blog

Sunday, February 25, 2018

Pete Stride & John Plain - New Guitars In Town


Pete Stride and John Plain - New Guitars In Town
In FLAC - Scans are included

A1 Laugh At Me
A2 School Girls
A3 Cold Old Night
A4 He'll Have To Go
A5 Just Like A Clown
A6 Half The Time
B1 New Guitar In Town
B2 Cure For Love
B3 Restless Kind
B4 You Better Move On
B5 Pick Me Up

New Guitars In Town, released in 1980 on Beggars Banquet, was a joined effort of Pete Stride of The Lurkers and John Plain of The Boys with the help of some friends.

One of the highlights of this very enjoyable album is the cover of Sonny Bono's "Laugh At Me" that was released as the album's sole single.

Last week I purchased a copy of this album for 2 euros in a second hand store downtown. I decided to rip it for the blog when I realised the job had already been perfectly done by Angelo for PPC.

Since the link is dead on his blog, I hope he won't mind if I publish it here again. All the credit goes to him.



http://www.mediafire.com/file/5hrp9oau982u05k/Stride_%26_Plain_-_1980_-_New_Guitars_In_Town.rar

2 comments:

mrlotterby said...

Thanks for this. I bought the album when it came out but have never ripped it. You've saved me the job!

Thanks again

Anonymous said...

I love anything related to The Boys--and there's a LOT of Boys-related albums! Thanks! - Stinky