Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Berwanger And The Star Invaders


Josh BERWANGER released last year his third and best record so far. Besides some great hitting  rockers like "The Star Invaders", "Stop Believing" or "Cheap Thrills" this amazing album contains some of the most beautiful songs ever written by mankind like "The Astronaut", "Broken Moon" or "She Still Lives In Me". This record is on heavy rotation in the rathouse since it got here and this blog can only highly recommand it!

1) For the viewers of this blog What would you tell about your latest full length "The Star Invaders"? As far as I'm concerned I'd say it has globaly a more laidback feeling. The word that comes to mind when I listen to it is: "nostalgia". Do you agree with this?

Yeah I can agree with your thoughts on the album. I was going through a really rough time. During this time I was at the ocean with my family and one night a UFO appeared and out of curiosity I ran to them in hopes of being abducted to another place. By the time I got as close as I could they were gone. That was the main spark for the album, not feeling you belong anywhere.

2) What can you tell about the recording process? Was this a live in the studio recording or a track by track recording with lots of overdubs? 

A lot of the basic tracks for Exorcism Rock were recorded live. For The Star Invaders, I had a lot of different musicians play on the album so I was flying them in due to schedules did drums and guitars live, and then Eva Gardner came in a did drums over that. So we just started going track by track from there. A lot of overdubs on this album but a few songs that were a bit stripped down like "I'm A Loser" and "She Still Lives In Me" but then you have "The Cage with the Golden Bars" which has the most tracks i've ever used on an album.


3) Who is the creator of this wonderful artwork, that perfectly fits the overall feeling of the record?

Andy Walsh did the main art and Haunt Love aka Justin Miller did an amazing job with the type and layout of everything else. Two super talented artist who it was an honor getting to work with. I don't know if I freakout more about the music or art for an album, either way they are both as important as the other.

4) Do you have a video on youtube featuring a track from the latest release?  

I have two videos out right now and a third video for The Star Invaders coming out in the next few months. "Horror Show" I made on the Super Nintendo using the game Mario Paint, it took me over 50 hours to make.



I also made "She Still Lives in Me" which is just pretty basic video made on my VHS camera.



Uncle Dad Productions made the yet to be released Star Invaders video and it's a trip!


5) What are the plans for the rest of 2018? Are you planning to tour Europe soon to promote this latest released record? 

I have 3 records I am trying to record. I would love to tour Europe! It's been a goal to do that since Anniversary toured there. We haven't had the chance to do so. I really don't even know how to go about it. So as of now we have no plans of touring at all.

6) Anything you wanna add?

Thanks to you for the interview and thanks to all who took the time to read it and check out the music. Cheers!



Purchase a physical copy in vinyl it here:

https://goodlandrecords.bandcamp.com/album/the-star-invaders

Purchase a digital copy here:

https://berwanger.bandcamp.com/album/the-star-invaders

Purchase other goodies here: 

https://joshberwanger.merchtable.com/?no_redirect=true

No comments: