During his interview for this blog, Geoff Palmer mentioned this promising band featuring Lanny who was a member of the New Wave / Pop Punk sensations Starter Jackets. Their debut full length, "Shit's Lookin' Up", is now released on the dutch label STARDUMB RECORDS.
If you're into big guitars and hooky melodies you are going to feast your ears to these 10 power poppin' punk rock tunes that benefit from the expert production work of Luke McNeill of The Copyrights. Get it without any delay!
- I started the band with Matt sailor while living in St. Louis, Missouri in 2014-2015, I can’t remember. I moved back home to Springfield, Illinois a couple years ago and Matt moved to Colorado. He still played drums on the record, but the live lineup is my pals Carter Bibb on bass and Fred Malcom on drums, both of whom play with me in our other band starter jackets.
2) About the newly released full length record "Shit's Lookin' Up!", what can you tell about the recording process? Was this a "live" in the studio recording or a track by track recording with lots of overdubs?
3) Do you use the nowadays recording technology or do you guys only work with analog machines in analog studios?
- I played into Luke’s computer and then he made me sound good somehow.
4) To what kind of music did you listen to as teenagers? What were your favorite bands as a teenager? Name 3 bands that you consider still have an influence on your own work today?
-I got into punk and pop punk as an early teen through Tony Hawk Pro Skater on the Nintendo 64 and the SLC Punk movie soundtrack! I don’t know if they still consciously influence my songs now, but my favorites then were Lawrence Arms and Jimmy Eat World.
5) What is your favorite topic/topic that comes easily when you write a new song?
-being a big loser fuck up
6) If I were to describe LOCAL DRAGS a "power pop band with a lot of power and a little bit of pop", would you agree with this description? Would you be proud of it or do you consider there is way more than that?
- any description is fine with me. Someone will always be there to tell you you don’t sound like what you say to sound like anyway.
7) Do you have a new video on youtube featuring a track from the LP??
-yes! Matt has made a number of fun videos for us.
8) What can concert goers expect at a LOCAL DRAGS gig? Are you playing any famous cover
songs during the concert?
-me having trouble with my one effects pedal. I try to play as much Tom Petty as possible.
9) Are there any bands in the USA today you consider yourself close to musically speaking?
-I don’t get out much.
10) What are the plans for the rest of 2019 as far as LOCAL DRAGS is concerned?
-Playing Fest in Gainesville Florida and putting out a 7 inch!
11) Anything you wanna add?
-Wash your hands every time you use the rest room. Thank you!
PURCHASE A DIGITAL COPY HERE: https://localdrags.bandcamp.com/album/shits-lookin-up
PURCHASE A PHYSICAL COPY HERE: https://www.stardumbrecords.com/products/local-drags-shits-lookin-up-lp
Available on black vinyl as well as red with black marbled vinyl